Friday, June 13, 2014

Agnes Water / 1770 Qld

More walks, more swims more coffee and a delightful lunch at The Tree hotel at 1770. After lunch we went up to the lookout, known as Round Hill where we looked out; first The Waves, then the Bay.

On my morning walk up along the beach I came across a small Pagoda on the top of the sound cliff, and under it the remains of a boardwalk, both victims to the big storms a few years ago. Naturally, I had no camera with me at the time, so i had to go back later and get some snaps. I had taken some bearings and on the third walk in to the beach from the road I found the right spot. The pagoda thing must have been part of a big sales promotion for the sand-dune subdivision housing development as they had a few of them, and an avenue of sad looking palms and ferns.  Actually, on the first walk in, probably 500m, we were surprised to be walking through quite thick rainforest, home to a flock of butterflies.

Anyhow, your snaps are here:

Rain Forest type vegetation right next to the beach

Butterfly!


1770, a really nice little spot

The Wave view

An Ocean view 
Pagoda and path

No comments:

Post a Comment