Saturday, August 1, 2026

Midura Vic 30th July 2026

 Midura Vic 30th July 2026

The only reason we are in Mildura is to have the degustation dinner at Stefano's two-hatted restaurant. Our last visit was 15 years ago! We ended up in I what I personally thought was a horrible van park, some way out of town. The clever people have put in these round ensuite buildings, so six vans can back up to them and form the spokes of a big circle. Only trouble is that the place just isn't big enough for the vans and the result is that they are all squashed in and living each other's pockets. We were 'lucky' in that we had a normal powered site but as the van wouldn't fit in the normal backed-in position, we ended up parked longways. 

Anyway back to Stefano's. You hype yourself up to expect a brilliant meal by a first class chef using only the very best of fresh available local products. To be frank, I thought it was a bit plain really. The first and second and dessert courses were really nice, but the third, which was pasta (orrechi - ears) and broccoli was not particularly nice, and the main, well the main was roast chicken. I could have had that at the local RSL....  I elected to have a raft of wines chosen by the sommelier and one of them, a Cabernet Sauvignon was brilliant, the others not so much. To cap it off you would like a coffee of course, but you just have to understand that they don't do macchiato or affogato. I had a long black which was actually an espresso: a few drops in a tiny cup. Judy elected to pass.



Stafano's Roast Chicken. Ok so it had a fancy sauce and raw vegetables.
Still, not to the standard I was expecting. Stefano's Mildura Vic July 2026

Coffee? Stefano's Mildura Vic July 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment